Sunday, June 10, 2007

Was having the usual ndp rehearsal today and had a super long break after lunch. so i started talking to my recruits, and stroke a casual conversation with 1 of them. from that conversation, i managed to piece out his family background. it was definitely not a really pleasant 1.

I almost teared after understanding his family background. he's brought up in a single-parent family, has 3 siblings and has to work really hard at a young age to tide over his financial problems. and his innocent face makes me take pity on him. sometimes we are just too obsessed with the less important stuff like academic results. And in the midst of rote learning, 1 may forget that there are still the less fortunate ones. I find myself really really lucky after talking to him, and the usual hardships pale in comparison to his...

haiz, couldn't do much, but try to make army serve as another family for him though it'll be kinda hard. well, gave him my piece of chicken to him during dinner... =) i think i really want to sign up some charity organisation after ORD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home