Friday, June 06, 2008

yeah, so today marks the end of my internship. well, filled with mixed feelings. as much as i'm happy to get on with life and do some other stuff, i miss the ppl and company there.

I realised I would miss

taking the train with kevin in the morning.
bickering with my mentor.
making shu cheng laf.
mingling around with mdm yap and maybelline who always says i'm the devil.
calling waiheng (a really nice person) pikachu
calling shi xiong peng yan fat (he's from dunman, same as me!)
talking crap and laughing heartily with madeline, michelle and jinhui.
making fun of soo tin jie whom i noe loves to be made fun by me.
and the many ppl who had been nice to me.

While i was packing my desk yesterday, i actually became a little emotional. but it was cleverly masked by my laughter and jokes. and took a last peep at my desk be4 i left. these 6 months had definitely been very enriching, though there were some rough patches at times but i would say on the whole, i had really learnt a lot.

my first impression of this place when i first came in was, urgh, wat an ugly building! i would definitely love to work in biopolis better. but as time passes, the people here changed my view and created an enjoyable working env for me. i really love crapping with madeline and michelle when we were in our own intern room.

well, anyway for today, we had a intern poster competition. so all 30 of us were competing for the top 3 prizes. i guess pressure was on me to win 1 of the prizes, that's why i was kinda dissapointed when i din get anything. haha had this little bit of confidence, and i was unsure whether it was over confidence. i shan't repeat the same mistake again. and also, i believe i oversimplified my project as i wanted to try to make my audience understand. i should work on that. but at the same time, i was really happy for alvin tan who got the 3rd prize cos i think he totally deserve it! his poster was excellent and is really a humble person. definitely good to have a fren like him~ and the 2nd prize was won by dearest bed buddy hui han! and i was happy for him too! we've always made fun of each other since bmt, and have nv forgotten how he had helped me during those regimental army days~ took some fotos before we made our way to meet michelle, mad and st jie for dinner at somerset!

Photobucket
that's alvin! yeah, will be seeing him again next tues~

Photobucket
this's kaiqi~ both were from block 11, still have some fotos with the other blk 11 ppl

Photobucket
hui han and i! congrats!

Photobucket
the 5 of us at suanthai. michelle looks like our maid~

Photobucket
we were at holiday inn wondering where was michelle~

Photobucket
the 'last' few photos with these ppl~

it was really a great dinner with a great companY! took lotsa fotos before we bade farewell to each other. may we meet again before i fly! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home