Wednesday, September 03, 2008

alright, so now i'm left with my visa application that has yet to be approved. I'm actually quite anxious to know the result.

I have my UK account set up le, so that's done and I have gotten my accoms! I got Parsons House and i was totally devastated when i saw the email. asked seniors frantically for other alternatives and how's the place like. Alright a slight introduction to my parsons house: ah-hem

It's a big block of building that looks like HDB apartments and the first four levels are reserved for IC students while the remaining houses doctors and nurses as it's next to this hospital where lessons for the IC medics are held at. It sits comfortably at Barons Court station, 3 stops away from South Kensington and takes a short 25min to school by tube. yeap, most of the other friends just have to walk.

Talking to some other seniors and 1 HC senior who stayed there 1 year ago kinda comforted me, cos it seems to be quite a nice place to stay at afterall! It's near to hammersmith which charlene says is a very nice shopping area and there're a bunch of IC sg seniors staying there too! And this small little hall only houses 42 IC students all in single room. The best thing is, it functions like an apartment, like there's a main gate and your rooms. so it's 4 to a kitchen and toilet! wee! cos i dun like sharing with like 10 other ppl! Though it's not as pretty or rustic as the other accoms, it's still a really cosy 1 i feel. and being able to live with 3 other international students, i guess can forge stronger bonds! haha if the ppl are nice la that is. and there's a big sainsbury (our ntuc) just across the road, and i can do my groceries easily! also, my room is spacious and looks pleasing to the eye too, that's the main reason why i included it as 1 of my choices.

and most importantly, bf is in the same hall as me! He'll be the best companion when i get homesick! well, we'll be the few singaporeans away from the main singaporeans body, but it'll be a good time to mingle with other international students. so, i'm looking forward to it afterall! and i'll be so willing to host my frens! so parsons house, here i come!

will be doing volunteer tml, and meeting cj to make specs on fri! haha and i should make time for my haircut! it's like grass these days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home